E ngā rau, e ngā rahi, nga hau e whā, tēnei te mihi mahanui ki a koutou katoa. Nau mai haere mai ki Ōtautahi.
About this Event
The eighth biennial Leaders in Indigenous Medical Education (LIME) Network Connection will be held in Christchurch, Aotearoa/New Zealand from 5 – 8 November 2019. The event will be hosted by The University of Otago.
This years theme is ‘Pouhine Poutama: Embedding Indigenous Health Education‘.
The LIME Connection Scientific Committee, Suzanne Pitama and Tania Huria sought the support of Te Marino Lenihan (Ngai Tuahuriri, Ngati Huirapa, Ngait Huikai) to help developed the whakatauki (proverb). Pouhine Poutama into a conference theme that speaks to vertical and horizontal integration of knowledge, understanding and perspective (i.e. curriculum) and expresses, through deliberate juxtaposition, the complimentary and essential union of Indigenous and non-Indigenous perspectives, knowledge and understanding. Vertical integration refers to the continuum of teaching and learning from Universities to Specialisation, while horizontal refers to connection and collaboration across all Health Sciences.
- Day One of the conference on Tuesday 5th November will be held at Onuku Marae which is set in the scenic Akaroa Harbour. Ōnuku Marae offers a stunning carved Whare Tīpuna (ancestral house), a new and contemporary wharekai (dining room), a beautiful original church and lush peaceful grounds. Delegates will come as guests and leave as whanau (family). Onuku Marae is the location of the University of Otago, Christchurch immersed learning programme.
- Transport for delegates to the Onuku Marae on 5th November will be arranged by LIME. More information will be available closer to the event.
- All conference sessions are open to all delegates, (in the past LIME Connection has included concurrent sessions for Indigenous and non-Indigenous participants). For reporting purposes we do ask that you identify as Indigenous or non-Indigenous in your registration.
- We will do our best to cater for your dietary needs. If you have indicated Halal or Kosher dietary requirements, you may be provided with a vegetarian meal. Should you require alternative meal arrangements please contact the LIME Network.
- Accommodation should be booked well in advance. Delegates are responsible for their own accommodation bookings and payment. Please see the list of recommended accommodation options.
- Your payment will be paid directly to EventBrite and they will issue you with a ticket. This ticket will list all the events that you have registered for.
- If you require childcare facilities during LIME Connection, please check the about Christchurch section of the website or contact LIME staff to discuss childcare options.
- EventBrite accepts credit card payments. If you need to pay by other means, please contact the LIME team directly via the contact details above.
- All rates include GST where applicable.
- LIME Connection social functions (Welcome Reception, LIMElight Awards Dinner and Closing Event) are included in your registration fee. An additional guest ticket may be purchased for the LIMElight Awards Dinner.
- Early Bird: $1,000.00
- Full Fee: $1,150.00
- Concession: $880.00
- 2 Day Registration: $630.00
- An additional guest ticket may be purchased for the LIMElight Awards Dinner and/or Marae Visit. Please ensure you add these additional tickets to your cart before finalising payment.
Early Bird – Note: Early Bird registration closes 23rd August
Join our Network to receive email updates or follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for regular updates on the program and presenters.